Xbox Remote Play| Xbox One Remote Play| Xbox Series S Remote Play| Xbox Series X Remote Play| Xbox Series X/S Remote Play| Xbox Remote Play on PC| Xbox Remote Play on laptop
Playing XBOX games remotely on your other devices is still a feature that Microsoft has not released for its latest gaming consoles XBOX Series S/X. People on the internet are searching for solutions on how to play XBOX games remotely on your other devices. Its been some months since the launching of XBOX’s latest gaming console series the Xbox Series X and Series S, but yet Microsoft has not yet made it available to play Xbox series X/S games remotely on other devices such as PC or Laptop.
If you own any of the latest XBOX latest gaming consoles like the XBOX Series S or the XBOX series X you might have searched a lot of times on how can you play your XBOX games remotely on your other devices like your smartphone, PC, or laptop. But till now Microsoft has only made it possible to remotely play XBOX Series S/X games only on smartphones. But what if you want to play it on your PC or laptop.
Well in this article we will guide you what are the steps that you need to follow in order to play Xbox Series S/X games on your laptop or PC.
Playing XBOX Series X/S games on other Devices:
There are basically 2 ways in which you can have access and play your XBOX games remotely on your other devices.
1. Cloud Gaming
The first way is the Cloud Gaming feature that requires you to purchase the XBOX Game Pass.
In Cloud Gaming rather than buying and downloading a complete game to your XBOX storage, you will access the game over the internet directly connected to the game servers.
You don’t need to download the complete game which obviously will require a large data. You will access the game via the internet which connects your XBOX account or profile with the game servers every time you try to access the game.
A virtual storage space called cloud storage will be created on the game servers.
All your game’s progress saved data and everything will be saved on the cloud storage.
Whenever you open the game it will ask you to resume or continue from the last time where you left.
You can access Cloud gaming from your XBOX console directly or else you can play cloud gaming from your laptop or PC as well using XBOX app which is available in the Microsoft store.
Cloud gaming will create multiple copies of your game progress across all platforms like your XBOX gaming console or your PC or laptop so that whenever you will access the game your progress will be saved across all platforms and this allows us to play with ease.
2. Remote Play
The second method of remotely playing XBOX Series X/S games on a laptop or PC is through the help of some of the applications.
In this method, you can remotely play or stream the games on your individual devices like your PC or Laptop.
So now let’s discuss that what are the different applications that you must require in order to remotely play Xbox Series X/S games on your PC, laptop and smartphone.
Video Solution on How to enable XBOX Remote Play for Xbox series x/s
You can also check out this video to know everything you want regarding the right steps in order to enable the Xbox remote play on your laptop or PC.
Pre-Conditions before enabling Xbox Remote Play
- Go to Settings on your XBOX console.
- Head over to “Devices and Connections”
- Select the option “Remote Features”
- Check the box “Enable Remote Features”
- Set the Power Mode to “Instant On”
- Go to XBOX App Preferances
- From the XBOX App menu select the second option that says “Only from profiles signed in on this XBOX Console”
- Check the box “Allow Play to Streaming”
- Simply download the XBOX app from the Google Play Store.
- Open it and give it all the permissions.
- Log in with your Microsoft account username and password.
- Set up your XBOX Series X/S gaming console using this app.
- After successfully logging in to your XBOX app it will show you a personalized dashboard.
- On the top right corner, you will notice an icon that represents streaming.
- Tap on that icon and select remote play on this device
- It will then show you a pop-up and suggest that remote play will work best on your home Wi-Fi or 5GHz wireless connection.
- Tap on “Continue”.
- After that, a green-colored airplane icon will appear facing rightwards.
- Wait until the airplane moves completely to the right. After that select continue anyway.
- A notification will come up on your XBOX Series S/X that you have started playing remotely.
- You can now remotely the game on your smartphone with the help of your Xbox Series S/X controller.
- Things to keep in mind:
- While remote playing make sure that both your XBOX gaming console as well as your smartphone are connected to the same network.
- Before going for remote playing make sure to turn on your XBOX gaming console and log in.
For Laptop or PC
XBOX One Remote Play
- If you have an older version of XBOX gaming console say for example XBOX One.
- Then you need to download the XBOX console companion app which is available in the Microsoft Store.
- After downloading open the App and log in using your Microsoft account username and password.
- From the left side menu bar select the ninth option which says “connection”.
- A pop-up will open up asking you to “Add a device”
- Make sure your PC and XBOX are connected to the same network connection.
- After that wait for a while, it will automatically detect your XBOX. Then choose the “connect” option.
- After it has been successfully connected select the “stream” option present on the top right corner of your XBOX companion dashboard.
- Now you can remotely play your XBOX One series games on your laptop or PC.
XBOX Remote Play XBOX Series S/X
However, if you own the latest version of the XBOX gaming console that is XBOX Series S/X then you cannot remote play using the XBOX console companion app. Microsoft has still not yet officially announced the feature for remote playing of XBOX Series S/X games on a laptop or PC. But don’t worry guys we will help you find the solution for it.
- First of all download the XBOX insider app from the Microsoft Store.
- Open the app and log in using your Microsoft account username and password.
- On the left side menu bar select the option “Previews”.
- Under “Previews” you will see a list of few available programs which you can join.
- Select the Windows “Gaming program” from the list and join it.
- Then you will have to download another app called the Xbox app which is also available in the Microsoft Store.
- After you have downloaded the XBOX app open it using the same Microsoft account username and password.
- After you have logged in to your XBOX app there you will find 2 options
- Cloud Gaming option located on the 2nd tab of the central menu.
- Remote play option located on the top right corner.
Cloud Gaming is favorable for those who have the XBOX game pass.
However, to people who want to play XBOX series S/X games remotely on your PC or laptop select the remote play located on the top right corner near your profile icon.
Now you can successfully remote play your XBOX series X/S games on your PC or laptop.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THE XBOX APP PREVIOUSLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING THE XBOX INSIDER HUB THEN YOU MIGHT NOT SEE THE CLOUD GAMING OR REMOTE PLAY FEATURE.
IN THAT CASE, EITHER YOU UPDATE YOUR XBOX APP OR ELSE I WILL ALWAYS PREFER YOU TO FIRST DOWNLOAD THE XBOX INSIDER HUB APP AND THEN GO FOR DOWNLOADING OF YOUR XBOX APP.
PROBLEM: In some cases, the remote play does not work from the XBOX app. So what to do then? Don’t worry we have got you covered with the solution.
SOLUTION: In case remote play on your PC or laptop is unable to happen through the XBOX app, then follow these steps.
XBOX Game Streaming (Test App)
Go to this link https://bit.ly/3ylWLqE.
See if the XBOX Game Streaming App is available for download or not. If yes then go ahead and download it.
However, in many countries, it’s not available for download and asks you to enter a “redeem code”.
In that case go to this link: https://store.rg-adguard.net/
On the URL search box enter this URL https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/p/xbox-game-streaming-test-app/9nzbpvpnldgm?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab
A list of Microsoft app links will be generated.
Among those search for the link which says “Microsoft.XboxGameStreaming-ContentTest_1.2108.901.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.appxbundle“
Make sure that the link must end with .appxbundle
Right-click on this link and select “save link as” and select your desired storage location.
The file will be somewhere around 216 MB
After it has been successfully downloaded open the file
Select “Install” and wait for the installation process to complete.
After successfully installing the XBOX Game Streaming(Test App) launch the application
It will ask for certain permissions so select “Allow” and then select “Continue”
It will automatically detect your XBOX Series S/X provided you must keep your XBOX turned on throughout the process.
After successfully installing the XBOX Game Streaming(Test App) launch the application
Select your XBOX Series S/X gaming console.
It will then come up with a friendly reminder that says remote will work best on your home Wi-Fi or a 5GHz wireless connection.
Click on “Continue”
Now you seamlessly play your XBOX series X/S games remotely on your PC or laptop with ease without facing any issues.
So these are some of the steps using which you can easily enable the XBOX series X/S remote play featureon your PC or laptop. If you find this article helpful then let us know in the comments down below and tell us if it this process worked for you.
Sooner or later Microsoft will surely be launching officially its support for the XBOX remote play for series X/S on its official XBOX application. Till then if you want to have a taste of the xbox remote play for series X/S then follow these steps and get it done.