Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon X65 5G Modem RF System, which is the world’s first 10 Gigabit 5G Modem that promises to offer speed up to 10 Gbps and its the fouth generation of its 5G Modem to antennae solution. Its a great leap in the wireless communication and networking standards, with recent announcements coming from introduction of Wi-Fi 6E standard and its supported Wi-Fi routers.
Coming back to the Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 it has been designed, modified and engineered in a way that will support the fastest 5G speeds available currently with fiber like wireless performance.
Increase and advancement in flexibility of network, more area of coverage and improved capacity are one of the key features of Snapdragon X65 5G Modem .
Alongside Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 5G Modem, its sister varient Snapdragon X62 5G Modem was also unveiled that is optimized mainly for the mobile broadband applications.
Key Features of Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 5G Modem RF-System
- The new Fourth Generation mmWave antennae Module QTM 545 whose primary function is to scale up more coverage area and it also helps in increasing the power efficiency. Upon linking with the Snapdragon X65 5G Modem it will be able to transmit power at a much higher rate in comparison to the older generations, it also does support all the frequencies ranges of mmWave globally including the new n259(41GHz) band.
- Use of Artificial Intelligence in Antenna tuning Technology has made the accuracy detection capacity to increase by 30% over the older generations. It also helps in upgrading the strength of antenna which eventually leads the way to transferring data at faster speeds, covering more area and increasing the battery life.
- The more the smaller ,the better its efficiency and better its performance.
- Dynamic Spectrum: All the 5G Bands and their combination, including the mmWave and Sub-6, using Frequency Division Duplex(FDD) and Time Division Duplex(TDD), which give operators extensive flexibility to use 5G spectrum assets.
- Upgradation in its Architecture has increased the expansion and customization options of different 5G segments and it also has the support of enabling the upcoming features along with new 3GPP Release 16 features through software updates. This goes to show that the technology is future proof in terms of problem solving, allows adaptation of newer technology, extending life span of battery, and reducing the overall costs.
- Qualcomm Smart Transmit 2.0 is a specific technology with the help of which Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 5G Modem can adapt benefits of the modem to antenna system in order to increase the upload speed and to signify the coverage of both mmWave and Sub-6 GHz band.
All with all these unique features several other features were also announced. These improvements are designed in a way that could provide the users with faster cellular data speeds, extending area of coverage and support all day battery life. It aims to provide dynamic 5G network to generation of smartphones along with other allied sectors such as PC industries, Industry loT, private networks of 5G and much more.
Comparison between Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 5G Modem-RF System and Qualcomm Snapdragon X62 5G Modem-RF System
Features and Specification
|Parameters||Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 5G Modem-RF System||Qualcomm Snapdragon X62 5G Modem-RF System|
|Download speed||Up to 10 Gbps||Up to 4.4 Gbps|
|5G Modes||Standalone, Non-standalone, Frequency Division Duplex(FDD), Time Division Duplex(TDD)||Standalone, Non-standalone, Frequency Division Duplex(FDD), Time Division Duplex(TDD)|
|Other advanced & powerful technologies||5G Power save mode 2.0|
Wideband Envelope Tracking
AI Antenna Tuning
Qualcomm Smart Transit 2.0
|5G Power save mode 2.0|
Wideband Envelope Tracking
AI Antenna Tuning
Qualcomm Smart Transmit 2.0
|5G Spectrum||Dynamic spectrum, mmWave – Sub 6 aggregation (FDD-FDD , FDD-TDD, TDD-TDD)||Dynamic spectrum, mmWave – Sub 6 aggregation (FDD-FDD , FDD-TDD, TDD-TDD)|
|Cellular Technology||5G NR, LTE, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, CDMA-1x, GSM/EDGE||5G NR, LTE, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, CDMA-1x, GSM/EDGE|
|Additional||3GPP release 16 support is avaialable||3GPP release 16 support is avaialable|
|mmWave specifications of 5G||1000 MHz Bandwidth, 10 carriers, 2✕2 MIMO||400 MHz Bandwidth, 4 carriers, 2✕2 MIMO|
|sub-6 GHz specifications of 5G||300 MHz Bandwidth, 256-QAM(Quadrature Amplitude Modulation) 4✕4 MIMO||120 MHz Bandwidth, 256-QAM(Quadrature Amplitude Modulation) 4✕4 MIMO|
|Multi-sim Support||Global 5G Multi-sim||Dual 5G Sim support|
What is the Final Objective or Aim:
With the introduction of Snapdragon X65 5G Modem with RF integration Qualcomm aims to provide OEM’s with faster data speeds, enhancing more coverage area, providing excellent call quality, all of these in one single form factor.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 also supports multi-gigabit 5G, as a result of which people will be able to get faster data speeds much like the fiber connections and that too with very low latency, which will be delivered wirelessly across the 5G network for the upcoming future generations of applications and experience including next generation gaming which will work seamlessly , cloud based computing, high performance entertainment, AR and VR, 360 degree videos with a high immersive experience and what not.
Much faster internet browsing speeds and a highly improved upload data speeds thanks to the Qualcomm Smart Transmit 2.0 Technology.
Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 5G Modem aims to improve the connectivity to another level, that offers no delay, very low latency, instant connectivity, fast data transfer speeds, simplifying antenna complexity and much more.
You can read the details in Qualcomm’s official website https://www.qualcomm.com/snapdragon
New technologies and innovations are coming at a much faster rate. Every passing day ,every passing hour something new technology or prototype are being developed. Some of the recent ones like xiaomi mi air charging technology in smartphones.