How to enable Hyper V on Windows 11 Home Editions | How to install Hyper V on Windows 11 Home | Hyper-V in Windows 11 Home | Install Hyper V in Windows 11
Before we go into the process to know how you can enable Hyper V on your Windows 11 Home edition. Lets first understand what is Hyper V in Windows 11 and what does it offer and where can you find it.
What is Hyper V in Windows 11
So Hyper V is Microsoft’s owned Hardware Virtualization Concept or you can say project. It offers you to create and run the software version of a computer or any system called a virtual machine. Each virtual machine acts like a complete independent computer running an operating system like Windows or Android or may be something else and its supported programs and apps.
What Does hyper v has to offer in Windows 11
- Establish a Private Cloud Environment : The Hyper V virtual machine consists of the same fundamental parts as an actual computer needs such as RAM, storage, processor, networking and connectivity. You can configure the features of these parts in different ways as per your needs.
- Recovery and Backup : The Hyper V replicates or creates of virtual machines which are basically intended to be stored in some different physical location and that can be used in order to restore the virtual machine from that copy or backup/recovery,
- Optimization : Every guest operating system has independent customizable set of services and drivers that can be called as integration services which makes it possible to easily use the operating system in a Hyper V virtual machine.
- Mobility : Some of the features such as migration, storage transfer, import/export makes it easier to distribute a virtual machine.
- Remote Access Connectivity : The Hyper V contains a remote connection tool that can be used for both Windows and Linux systems. This tool will grant you access to the console allowing you to see what’s happening at the guest’s end.
How to Install Google Play Store on Windows 11
Where can you find the Hyper V feature on Windows 11
Method 1 : Go to Start Menu and search for “Turn Windows features on or off” . A list of all windows features will open up in a list format, from there you can find the Hyper V feature in Windows.
Alternate Method : Alternatively you can go to “Settings” . Select “Apps” from the left menu . Then select “Optional Features” . Scroll down and click on “More Windows Features” . This will up the Windows features from where you can select/deselect the Hyper V feature on Windows 11.
Operating Systems supporting Hyper V feature
Windows and Linux both the operating systems have support for the Hyper V virtual machine feature.
In Windows 11 Pro editions and above that Hyper V is by default available in the Windows features list. Whearas in Windows 11 Home this feature is not available by default . You will need to install and enable this feature separately in systems running on Windows 11 Home editions.
For complete list of supported operating systems that has Hyper V feature support visit the following pages.
How to enable hyper v on Windows 11 home editions
Go to Start Menu and type “cmd”
Right click on command promt and select run as administrator
Now copy and paste the following code on the command promt
After successfully installing the Hyper V on Windows 11, it will ask you restart your computer. Press “Y” to restart your computer.
After restart go to Windows Features and you can now find Hyper V has been enabled in your system.
How to Disable/Uninstall Hyper V from Windows
Follow the first 2 steps as mentioned above in case of enabling the Hyper V feature on Windows Home editions.
In Step 3 just copy and paste the following code:
So this is how you can enable/disable or install/uninstall Hyper V on Windows 11 Home editions. This process not only works for Windows 11 only but it works for almost all windows versions released on or after Windows 7 Home. We hope you liked this article, let us know in the comments section below and do subscribe to the newsletter to never miss a post whenever we publish one.